Monday, June 19, 2017

The Smallest of Audiences

The Smallest of Audiences

Being a painter who happened to also tell stories, I searched in vain for someone to record my words. I did not write.  It was Jim Moore who encouraged me to write my tales, to become a writer. Who would read them, I wondered? Who indeed did not matter.  I knew that question would have no significance until after the words were written. Jim said that I could count upon a small audience, nothing more. This seems true in both my word and color worlds. The number of those who look at my paintings could probably be counted on one hand, five max.  That may or may not be the number, I’ll never know.

You, on the other hand, are certainly the only one who reads my writing. One day I may begin reading what I have written. Then there will be two readers.








Sandy Kinnee

No comments:

Post a Comment